Care proceedings and problems with social services.

Blair Allison / Care proceedings and problems with social services

Care proceedings and problems with social services

This is a highly specialised area of law where the stakes are at their highest. It is important to have a specialist lawyer to represent you. Many of our lawyers are specifically recognised for their expertise in this area of law by being members of the Law Society Children Panel, a specialist panel of solicitors who are recognised as having particular skill and experience in this area of law.

Why are social services involved?

If you are a parent, so services might be saying that your children are at risk or you’re not taking good enough care of them. They may be threatening to remove the children from your care or having meetings, sometimes known as Child Protection Case Conferences about your children.

We have decade’s worth of experience in representing parents before and during court proceedings. We recognise there is nothing could more worrying than having to deal with social services and we make sure that throughout your involvement you get the best quality advice, and that you have someone to represent you every step of the way including at court when we have very experienced advocates who are used to being in court every day.

If you are a grandparent or other family member of a child where social services are involved, we can advise you and represent you in making applications to care for those children, to make sure they stay in the family and to make sure that you get the support that you are entitled to. Sometimes this means that helping you applying for a Child Arrangements Order or a Special Guardianship Order which are two types of order that will enable you to care for a child.

There are occasions when other people want to become involved in court proceedings such as Foster Carers. We can advise and represent you in proceedings to help you achieve your desired outcome.

We have considerable experience in representing children in court proceedings, the older children sometimes being able to provide us with direct instructions so that we can represent their wishes in court.

Whether you need our help at a child protection case conference or within care proceedings, please contact us straightaway so that we can provide you with advice.

It is never too early to get advice if you have problems with social services, and the sooner that we are able to help you the better

If you are a parent who social services are taking proceedings against, you are entitled to automatic legal aid to be represented in the proceedings, and legal aid is available to many other people involved in care proceedings.

For more information contact:

Grant Bird
Angela Houston
Matt Cannan
Lucie Allen 
Email us

Back to Top