Special Guardianship.

Blair Allison / Special Guardianship

Special Guardianship

There are occasions when unfortunately a child cannot live with their natural parents and it is necessary for a family member or close family friend to step in and care for that child.

That can sometimes be achieved by a Child Arrangements Order, but in cases where the court believes the child requires a higher level of protection in the placement with that family member or friend a Special Guardianship Order can be made.

Special Guardianship gives the carer an enhance type of parental responsibility which is meant to add the security of the placement and allow the carer to act as they think fit in taking care of the children.

The Local Authority is also obliged to carry out an assessment of what support you may need to care for the child.

We can advise you on the steps that need to be taken in order to make the application , as well as go to court with you .In addition we can make sure the local authority fairly assess what you need to care for the child.


Back to Top